* NAMES AND PLACES ON THIS BLOG MAY BE ALTERED FOR PRIVACY *
SOY UN MISIONERO PARA LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ULTIMOS DIAS
* NAMES AND PLACES ON THIS BLOG MAY BE ALTERED FOR PRIVACY *

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

2 Weeks and Mystery Meat...

7/12/10

Poor mommy :( I hope you're feeling better! I'd suggest making a yummy cake to help you feel better, but then I'd worry that you might try to eat it and fly at the same time. :)

How did the yearly cat scan go? They always seem to do funny things at those. (Cats went to the Vet...)

Anyway, here's a funny story. We had a dinner appointment Saturday evening and they grilled up a bunch of carne asada (steak, chicken, corn, etc.). Anyway, I had just finished a bunch of steak and corn and figured that I'd finish it off with some chicken. I scouted out the chicken plate and tried to find the yummiest looking (least boney-looking...) piece of chicken. I stabbed it up and put it on my plate. I certainly did get the least boney piece in the whole bunch! I took a bite and it was squishy and slightly sweet with the texture of stuffing. I quickly started running through the list of all the edible parts of a chicken trying to figure out exactly what I had just eaten...it wasn't on the list. I proceeded to run through the list of all the what I thought to be inedible parts of a chicken...there were several possibilities, but I still couldn't quite place it. I eventually just had to ask.... Turns out it was just a grilled banana that somehow made its way onto the chicken plate. Phew! As a banana, it wasn't too bad, but when you're expecting chicken...it's quite a surprise!

Anyway, I want you all to know that I have a testimony of this Church. I think it was Joseph Smith who once said that the members of the Church will be surprised at the Second Coming to find out just how true this Church is. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. He is my Savior. God lives.

I love you all! Sorry for my lack of letters lately...it's been kind of rough.... :)

Love,

Elder Raymond

7/19/10

Sorry I can't send a big huge e-mail this week...President sent us all some handy scripture flashcards that I needed to print out after some substantial reformatting...

It's awesome to hear that Bryan's getting all ready! When can he put his papers in?

Love you all!

Elder Raymond

No comments:

Post a Comment