* NAMES AND PLACES ON THIS BLOG MAY BE ALTERED FOR PRIVACY *
SOY UN MISIONERO PARA LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ULTIMOS DIAS
* NAMES AND PLACES ON THIS BLOG MAY BE ALTERED FOR PRIVACY *

Monday, May 3, 2010

I have LOTS of news!

Okey dokey, here's the big news real quick.

My two transfers with my trainer are over this Wednesday. I'm training now. My new companion's family lives in Kentucky and is all non-members. His name is Elder Morente and he apparently doesn't speak any English at all. His travel is restricted to car, and thus, has not been to nor will be going to the MTC. He's coming straight from Kentucky to me on Wednesday. I think that a couple of the zone leaders in the mission (Elder Woller, my current companion being one of them) are going to give Elder Morente a week-long crash MTC course. It should be interesting. I'm extremely excited and can't wait to start working with him. As a native Spanish-speaker, he will have a huge advantage in teaching the Hispanic population in this area (not to mention my Spanish is going to rocket ;) ) It will be fun teaching him English too!
All the tornados/floods/storms/everything gross have COMPLETELY missed us. Sevierville and Pigeon Forge are nestled in a little valley in the middle of the Smoky Mountains and absolutely nothing makes it over the hills intact. Several days tracting, people would yell at us to go home or we would die from grapefruit sized hail and other stuff like that and then it never even rained. Apparently it all goes north of us.

The Hondurans don't celebrate cinco de mayo. I think it's Mexican Independence Day. There are a lot of Mexicans here too, so, there will be plenty of partying going on. :/ Tracting into drunk Mexicans is always...interesting... :)
Love you more,
Elder Raymond

No comments:

Post a Comment