* NAMES AND PLACES ON THIS BLOG MAY BE ALTERED FOR PRIVACY *
SOY UN MISIONERO PARA LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ULTIMOS DIAS
* NAMES AND PLACES ON THIS BLOG MAY BE ALTERED FOR PRIVACY *

Thursday, January 7, 2010

He's Sick :-(

Mom's note: I usually take out the special notes Alec writes to specific family members. I left a couple in this time because it is such sweet counsel from a big brother. I did remove the name of who he wrote to (you can kinda tell anyway...) Also, a little background... I tried to get him to pack a family picture and more than one pair of white socks before he left; he refused. He ended up requesting I send him more socks...

Dear Famiree,

This week's letter is going to be fairly short for a couple of reasons. One reason is because I spent most of the morning opening a package, setting up a camera, changing my pants (they're perfect by the way), putting sockies on (I was 100% positive that I'd get an I told you so on that one :)), and reading wonderful letters from my famiree, thus, I don't have as much time as usual to write. The second is because I've been sick for a week and it's very difficult to have meaningful spiritual experiences to write about when you have a constant throbbing sinus headache. Anyway, I'm feeling much better now and I was never nearly as bad as my companion. Four elders in our district (myself included, unfortunately) got what the doctors simply called a "severe viral cold" which they told us was completely untreatable and would take weeks to recover from...ugh.... Not fun--especially the four days that I couldn't even talk. A lot of funny stuff and good stuff has come from all of us being sick though. The branch president asked us to wear yellow masks in class because we were all coughing so much. We were quite the site :). The best thing that came of it though is A LOT of hope and faith and as a result, a stronger testimony (opposition in all things, right?)

(special notes)

You're in my prayers (all of you are every morning, every evening, and several times in between, but especially dad right now :)) and I know that whatever the result of your introspection, you will only be closer to your Heavenly Father. I just hope that some day I can catch up to you. Love you!

Thanks so much for your letters and your love--oh, and by the way, everyone thinks our "spiel" is awesome and wants you for a mommy. Oh, and they want to see a picture of my family...so do I now that I think about it. Love you!

I can't wait for you to have the opportunity to serve a mission. The world needs you! Love you!

Keep up the good running! Watch out for cars, they're bigger than you are (and they're really mean)! Love you!

Regardless of what school you're in or where you want to be, do your best where you are. Only your best effort is worth anything to anyone. Other people can benefit from your gifts and talents infinitely more than you can. Do your best for them! There is a word I like to use to describe people who know more than everyone else: teacher! Love you!

Tosca, Stop being stupid and stay alive! Ya dumb dog! Love you!

Thank you all so much for your letters and your love! It means a lot to me!

Elder Raymond

P.S. Mom, I know it's really cold Provo. Trust me, I know...:)

P.P.S. Sorry that this e-mail came later than usual...like I said...less time...but the temple's finally open!

P.P.P.S. I saw an Elder Watson! Not sure which one though honestly.... His residence is in a different building, but his classroom is just down the hall from mine, so we should run into each other quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment